7 September 2010

Top Tip for Gold/Silver doillies..

Many of you know Leanne over at the NEW Top Tip Tuesday ch#1 blog
well she wants us crafters to share tips && theres prizes to be had..
on the NEW blog Lots of you peeps may already know this tip..
when I wanted a gold doily I didnt want to buy a whole pack of them &
white are much cheaper, rumaged thro some of daughters art stash she left
& found a tin of Gold Xmas spray..its prob from a £ store.. what do you
 have to loose but a doily?? I set to work covering the work top with plenty of
newspaper..   Just sprayed an even covering & there you have it one
Gold..or Silver doily ready for Xmas creations.. I'm sure you all use
your inks/chalks to colour coordinate your doillies!!
so now you can have sliver /gold very cheaply..
The picture below is before & after with the tin of spray I used..



So hop over go see Leannes fab tute on Paper Doily flowers..


                                          Thanks for stopping by & get well wishes..

                                          

21 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

That's a brilliant tip Christine, thank you!
Clare x

kelly said...

Thats a great tip Christine.

Thanks

Kelly

Leanne said...

Ooh Christine - what a fab idea!!

THanks for sharing and for joining in with TTT first tip!!

Good luck!

Leanne xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow - that gold doily looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing the tip - it's such a great idea.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Carol Ric said...

Great idea!

Dawnll said...

Love this great idea, and such a great way to stretch the doilys, think of how many colors you could use for each one.
Thanks so much for joining in Top Tip Tuesday with us.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Christine, I think that doily looks a hell of lot better with the gold spray on it. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Janice said...

Wonderful tip!! One I would never have thought of and I have spray paint and the white doilies-as you said much cheaper. Thank you!!

Janice said...

Wonderful tip!! One I would never have thought of and I have spray paint and the white doilies-as you said much cheaper. Thank you!!

Sally said...

Fabulous idea. I never thought to use spray paint. Always did them with glimmer mists...Much less expensive to use spray paint. Thanks for the wonderful idea

Caroljenks said...

Hi Christine :)

What a fab tip - that doily looks almost gold plated! I'd never have thought of spraying one with Gold or Silver (although come Christmas I'd spray the cat if he stood still long enough!)

Thanks for joining in with us for our first Top Tip Tuesday and good luck :)

Carol x

chrissy xx said...

Great Tip Christine. Your MOJo's in full swing. Goooood.
Chrissyxx

Lizzy said...

WOW great tip Christine it looks fab ...thanks for sharing xx Lizzy xx :)

Unknown said...

It looks so classy in gold, Thanks for the tip.
Chris x

coops said...

great tip christine.the doily looks totally transformed.i need to seek out some doilys now :)
thanks for sharing.

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

Great tip, the doily looks fantastic and it saves money. Thanks Christine :o)
Jackie xx

Tracey said...

Great tip, thanks Christine :) Can I ask where you get your doilys from as I am struggling to find any pls?

Hugs
Tracey
x

Michelle said...

Hey Christine, fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing your top tip!
hugs
Michelle
xx

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Fun tip Christine! Thanks for sharing it with us at TTT! :)

Unknown said...

This tip is in my folder for use later x This looks so classy! x Leigh x

Sue said...

Oh, you have made my day. I have stacks and stacks of plain white doilies. Now, I can make variations. Thank you so very much for this tip!!!!!!!!